Wednesday, June 26, 2013

(Still) Home Sweet Home

Well, we're not moving. The landlord offered us a two-year lease with only a slight increase in rent, and we knew that it would be unwise for us to pack up our belongings and move into a smaller and more expensive rental for no reason other than that I don't like the orange exterior.

I decided that it's time to put down my pride and play the Glad Game. Though I feel the first impression of our house doesn't reflect "me" (and I'm almost always worried about "What will people think?!?!"), it's time to get over it. I have many reasons (still) to be glad:

- The landlord hasn't painted any of the rooms orange.
- The interior of the house still reflects "me" and my family.
- I will feel more settled after reorganizing certain rooms and closets this summer.
- We still have more space than we ever imagined having, not to mention a wonderful guest room.
- We have a home for at least the next two years, and at an affordable price.
- I don't have to pack.
- Our house is distinctive and easy to describe to people visiting for the first time.
- I can plant some warm-toned flowers in the front.
- This will be the longest that we've ever lived in a house.
- God's timing is ALWAYS perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment