Wednesday, October 12, 2016

The Real Reason Why My House is a Mess

It was 5pm. The children were playing outside. The baby was content. It was time to get in the kitchen and start dinner.

I had fully intended to leave the baby with his eldest sister, but as I lay him on the couch, he flashed a huge smile at me before I could turn away. 

Too late. My insides melted.

I turned again to leave, but he flashed his gummy smile once more. Suddenly, I was on my knees making goofy faces back at him.

Then he began talking in his little baby language, and I knew I was his captive. I could do nothing but kiss his soft cheeks over and over and laugh as he enthusiastically flapped his arms and kicked his legs like an Olympic swimmer. After a lengthy conversation of 'goo's and 'ah's, I swept up the baby in my arms again.  

What's the use? I can't fight it. I'm completely in love with this little boy.

So next time you come to my house and it looks like I haven't cleaned, washed, or cooked anything, remember, I have a valid excuse: I had a baby recently. 

And I just can't stop cuddling him.

No comments:

Post a Comment