Tuesday, February 21, 2017

A Note in a Book

(If you visit a coffee shop called 'Inklings' in downtown Pleasanton, you will find a sitting room to the right of the main bar area. In that room, you will find shelves lined with books, and among those books, one that is orange-bound with no words on the spine. Open the book to the page dated 2/19/2017, and you will read something like this…)


The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want…

And yet, I often find myself looking for more.

"I want…"
"If only I had…"
"I need just one more…"
"But I deserve…"
"I wish…"

I get what I want, but I find myself still hungry, still thirsty, still unsatisfied…

Lord, only You, who created me and the hole in my soul, know what I need. Lord, only You can satisfy me.

Lord, You are my shepherd, I shall not want

~Rita


No comments:

Post a Comment