Thursday, January 11, 2018

The Bug Lost and Found

For years now, I have been writing stories for my family members and friends. Stories, for me, are like paintings or photographs or songs. What I see and experience inspire me and move me to create something that attempts to capture that feeling. Many of my stories are directly influenced by the people in my life: my children make me laugh and remind me to imagine; my husband teaches me to see the world through God's eyes; my friends encourage me. So when I give a loved one the gift of a story, I am giving him or her a piece of myself.

Many years ago, I wrote four short stories as a Christmas present for my kids. Now, for the first time, I took the bold step of asking my talented sister to illustrate these stories so that others may enjoy them too. My new children's book took most of 2017 to rewrite, edit, lay out, illustrate, and design (and I added a new story too!) I am super-proud of this book, not only because it's a major project checked off my list, but because I want to shine my little candle in a world that seems to grow darker by the moment, especially for our children.

You can learn more about my new book by clicking on the link on the right. And here is a sneak peek at my sister's beautiful  and adorable watercolors! This book would be perfect for children ages 4-8.




No comments:

Post a Comment