Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Stream of Life

I apologize for not writing very much lately, but my mind has been elsewhere. I've been working on a new painting (you should see it here in a few days), new songs, and new articles for MOPS. School is wrapping up, and the enticement of summer plans (and beautiful weather) is distracting my focus. It's so easy to take on too much!

To help me refocus, God gave me a song. It's based on one of my favorite verses, Psalm 1:3.

He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.

I wish I could share the song with you; it is playing in my head day and night. At least I could share with you the lyrics. The image that the verse paints is one of the loveliest panoramas I can imagine. Even this photo doesn't quite capture it, but it gives you an idea.




Stream of life flowing through my field of brown
I plant my feet by its banks
The water calls me down
To drink deep
To be green

My thirst is quenched and my soul is satisfied
It eats away hollowness
And fills me up inside
To breathe deep
To grow green

Why forsake the only source that feeds me
So I dig, put down roots
And push out limbs and leaves
And reach deep
I go deep
My whole field is green

No comments:

Post a Comment