Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sacred Days

Your work is sacred.

I've heard it before, but I always need to hear it again.

Today, our pastor talked about faith in the workplace. I loved it when he said, "My job is not more sacred than yours. Our jobs are equally sacred, because we are all made in the image of God." Back in the Garden, God put man and woman there to work. God gave us work. We may no longer be in the Garden, but we still work for God, and depending on our talents and situations, each of our 'gardens' look different.

It is easy to wake up and dread the day ahead, to count down the hours until relief comes, to look forward to the weekend or next holiday. But whether you have an hour commute at 7am, or you barely leave the house all day, you can still view your work as sacred. Every minute of your day at work is sacred if God is your employer. He gave you a garden to cultivate, and He can give you the energy and grace to deal with a difficult co-worker, client, or boss, or just get through a tough day 'on the job'.

Whatever your Monday looks like tomorrow, I hope you have a sacred day.


(And this morning, I had another opportunity to shush the rowdy teenagers behind me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment