Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I am a Sparrow

Have you ever been blind-sided, bowled-over, had-the-wind-knocked-out-of-you by generosity?

I had been praying about our finances, reminding myself to trust God with our finances, and thinking about all the ways God could help us with our finances. Maybe my husband will gain another class, maybe I'll try to teach piano, maybe a magazine will pick up an article... but God, our great God, likes to surprise us. And He likes to involve the people around us.

Last night, my husband came home with an envelope, given to him by the young men that he mentors weekly in a Bible study. We didn't know that the envelope was full of cash. These men, many of whom work just as hard as my husband to make ends meet while living in this affluent area, were prompted by the Spirit to help us. I still don't know how to respond, except by hugging these young men, some of whom I've never even met! A thank you card just doesn't seem like enough! Maybe I'll host a Christmas party for them.

Anyway, party or no party, that's not the important issue. What's important is that I remember God's generosity to me the next time I see someone in need, and that I get down on my knees and thank my Father who watches over the sparrows, and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment