Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Day, New Year, New Mercies

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."
Lamentations 3:22-24

I don't believe in New Year's resolutions, because I think a person should make changes whenever necessary. But I do believe in God's mercies, and that He designed time with a purpose. After a hard day, I can go to bed and look forward to a fresh start in the morning. And if I have several hard days in a row, I can look forward to a fresh start the following week. Because God gave us the rhythms of days, months, and years, we can stop, rest, and start over again with renewed hope and faith. His division of time is a mercy in itself.

So I start this year with a heart full of trust in the One who made this year. Whatever sadnesses and disappointments happened in 2011, I can say, "I will wait for him."

No comments:

Post a Comment