Monday, January 21, 2013

Miracles Overlooked

I was researching dandelion flowers for a story when I found this little video. At first, the videography didn't captured me (the music and aphids were distracting) but I found myself watching the video several times, noticing new details with each viewing. And this is what I want to share with you: during the part when the flower is closed, and it seems to be doing the least, there is an actual miracle taking place. The petals die, and the stamens and ovaries turn into seeds and white fluff... can you even picture it? How does that happen?! 



I've tended a garden, I've raised butterflies and ladybugs, and I've given birth to five babies, but I can never, EVER get over how amazing God's creations are. Anyone who calls this 'chance' is taking much for granted. And anyway you look at it, this dandelion is a miracle.

We truly are surrounded by miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment