Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Happy Easter!

Remember when there was all the hub-bub about using the phrase 'Merry Christmas'? Stores and schools were trading in the traditional 'We wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!' for the bland and un-insulting 'Season's Greetings' and 'Happy Holidays'.

Easter is around the corner... what do the politically-correct say? 'Happy Holidays', because Passover comes right before Easter? Or maybe 'Season's Greetings', as a way to say 'Happy Spring to you, and to all your baskets full of eggs and chocolate bunnies'?

You know what? I don't really care. I wished two people at the store a 'Happy Easter!' yesterday, and neither of them were insulted. I think I'm going to do more of that this week. There is nothing wrong with wanting to share the joy and hope I have in me because of Christ's death and resurrection!

No comments:

Post a Comment