Sunday, March 3, 2013

Spring is Springing!

I'm admitting here that if you see a silver Toyota minivan swerving a little on the roads of Livermore, that's me. And it's not because I'm drunk, texting, or trying to discipline a child in the backseat.

Spring is springing, and I'm SO distracted! Just driving to and from church this morning, I saw a hummingbird, two or three hawks on the hunt or dive-bombing, a Canada goose trying to catch up with his gang, and flocks of sparrow playing a giant game of 'tag'. The emerald fields are dotted with yellow wild mustard, cherry trees are bursting in pink and white (the only 'snow' we get sometimes), and happy daffodils are covering hills and front yards. Birds are gathering grass and sticks and tapping on our eaves looking for a nesting site. And when I do my dishes, I look out onto a cascade of these lovely little flowers:


I am so blessed to live in an area as beautiful as this. When I moved here from New York twenty-three years ago, I didn't know if I would like California. Now, I don't know if I could leave the Tri-Valley.

For those of you in the northern hemisphere, I hope it's starting to warm up where you are too. And as spring continues to spring while winter fades into our memories, let us remember how God is faithful, year after year after year.

No comments:

Post a Comment