Friday, April 5, 2013

More on Being a Mother-Artist

I felt the need to add this addendum (is that redundant?) to yesterday's post.

When I think about my life today as a homeschooling mother-of-five, I don't feel like I've have to abandon my dreams; they've just been reshaped. And I don't feel like I'm a failure; my definition of 'success' has been redefined. Though I admit that I would rather be doing art than housework, I don't think art is more important than housework. Housework is just more immediate, at this point of my life. But neither is homemaking and parenting more important than art. They are two parts of me, that along with along parts (sister, teacher, friend, etc.) make the whole that is me. Our God is not limited by titles and job descriptions; neither am I limited in the ways I can serve Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment