Monday, April 1, 2013

The Easter Story Continues

"... you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth." 
Acts 1:8b

After Jesus rose from the dead, He appeared to many of his disciples and taught them for forty days. Then He told them, those who had personal contact with Him, to tell others about what they had seen. Those people then told others, who told others, who told others, until the Good News spread like a wildfire in all directions. And I'm so glad it spread all to the way to Hong Kong!

Because if a missionary hadn't shared the Gospel to the Chinese, there wouldn't have been a church on the island of Cheung Chau.
And if there hadn't been a church on Cheung Chau, my parents wouldn't have been invited to youth group.
And if they hadn't been invited to youth group, they wouldn't have heard the Message and become Christians.
And if they hadn't become Christians, they wouldn't have attended Dallas Theological Seminary.
And if they hadn't attended Dallas Theological Seminary, my dad wouldn't have become a pastor in the U.S.
And if my dad hadn't become a pastor in the U.S., I wouldn't have had my 5th-grade Sunday School teacher, who told me that I needed to accept Jesus as my personal Savior.
And if I hadn't accepted Jesus as my personal Savior in the 5th-grade, I wouldn't have stayed in the church through college, which was when I met Pastor Brian Townsend, who taught me about God's unconditional love for me.
And now I'm here, homeschooling mother of five, pastor's wife, writing to you about God's great love for me!

Have you ever thought about your 'faith family lineage'? Have you ever thought of all that happened to bring you to this point of life? Whether it was your parents, a pastor, a youth leader, a friend, a neighbor, or all of the above, there is a lineage of people sharing Jesus's story that leads all the way back to the first disciples.

So, really, the Easter story continues with us! We are witnesses of Jesus, and we need to share our story with people around us. Your faith family lineage goes back for two thousand years and has hundreds, maybe thousands, of branches. Don't let the faith lineage stop with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment