Monday, July 22, 2013

The Little Things

Time plays funny tricks on us... whenever we are doing something we don't like, time drags on in the most torturous way, even before we start! Sometimes, I'm surprised when I look at the clock after finishing a task, and realize that the task only took me a few minutes to accomplish. So I compiled a short list of tasks that I would rather put off doing, then timed myself, just to know for sure how long it really takes for me to do them.

Washing the dinner dishes- 15 minutes
Changing the empty toilet paper roll for a new one (and this includes having to walk out of the bathroom to the hall closet because the bathroom cupboard is also empty)- 30 seconds
Writing a quick note, putting it in an envelope, licking the envelope, getting out the stamps, writing the addresses on the envelope, and putting it in the mailbox- 8 minutes
Writing this blog post- 10 minutes

Sometimes, the little things do matter. And in the end, someone else can be thankful for a new role of toilet paper, or a clean sink, or a letter in his/her mailbox, or-- a new blog post!

1 comment: