Monday, April 20, 2015

Hiding His Word in My Heart (Part 2)

Part of my bathroom mirror is now useless because it is covered by this:


Which is fine by me, because it means I'm spending less time looking at my reflection and more time reflecting on God's Word!

I am now memorizing the final verse of Colossians 3:12-17, and I am still excited about my new technique. I have never memorized so many verses with such ease! With each index card, I've developed more of my "style", and the end product is like a quilt of sorts. I love seeing the colors and lettering whenever I wash my hands or put on make-up.

And here's the best part! As I am practicing the words over and over in my mind, seeing the picture of the verses in my head, the words are becoming a part of me. When I was troubled by a relationship with a family member, I remembered "clothe yourself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience." When I was frustrated with my husband, "forgive as the Lord forgave you" came to mind. And my all-time favorite, a meadow of wildflowers in the middle of my quilt, is the reminder to BE THANKFUL.

I encourage you again to try Scripture memorization. Use my technique, or your own. Find a passage that is particularly meaningful to you right now, or is a favorite of yours. I already know that I want to memorize Philippians 2 next!

No comments:

Post a Comment