Thursday, December 10, 2015

Trust in the Unseen

Turn on the television, and the children come running.

How do they know? I always wondered. It's like they have a sixth sense for the TV!

Then they told me. When the television is turned on, they all hear a high pitch sound. I don't. I'm too old.

But I can't argue that the frequency doesn't exist, just because I can't hear it. It's there, according to my children, and I have to trust them. I have to believe that they are not lying and conspiring against me. 

How about "seeing is believing?" How far can we really go with that? Many things happened before my lifetime. I didn't see them. I have to trust the people who wrote down what they saw. 

In reality, our senses are very limited. We are not unlike a blind person trying to cross the street, or a deaf person trying to understand an important message, because we all put our trust in something to help us through life. The question is… who, or what, do we trust? Experts? Health? Money? Good looks?

I for one choose to trust the One who sees all, hears all, and knows all. I cannot see Him, but I know He exists.

I wonder as I wander out under the sky
How Jesus the Savior did come for to die
For poor on'ry people like you and like I
I wonder as I wander out under the sky

No comments:

Post a Comment