Friday, November 18, 2016

From Your Little Sparrow

Dear Dad,

You know how my muscles were clenched as I talked to the mechanic about the minivan. You know how I was trying to discretely scan the paper work, looking for the cost. You know how my hand was on my wallet, ready to give the man my credit card, the same credit card that was recently charged with several thousand dollars to pay for my son's surgery.

What a sweet blessing it was then when the mechanic said, "There is no cost today." I don't know why there was no cost. He had spent at least an hour checking our van for a possible broken part. He had found nothing. He could have charged us for wasting his time and I wouldn't have blamed him! But he loved us as one brother loves another. And my smile and quiet "thank you" hardly conveyed the relief and joy I felt.

Dad, you know the unexpected expenses we have had this year. You know every penny. But you also know that I almost cried when I climbed into my minivan, with the words "There is no cost" still ringing in my ears. And if I had cried, you would have counted every tear, because you care for me. You cared enough to provide in a large ways with extra work for my husband and piano lessons for me. And you cared enough to provide in the little ways, like today.

I love you, Dad. Thank you for always watching out for me.

Love,
Your Little Sparrow

No comments:

Post a Comment