Friday, February 18, 2011

Shadow Life

Last Thursday, we received the news that Aunt Leanne, my mother-in-law's youngest sister, had died. They were sudden and unexpected words to hear, the end of a long and tragic story on earth. I find it strange when someone dies, because it only seems like the person has gone away on a long vacation. Maybe that's the echo of our eternal spirit. And I do believe that Aunt Leanne's story is not over.

I loved Aunt Leanne. She was a very colorful and energetic person, a lover of music, art, and nature. She never stopped. I remember the day she came home from hiking and camping in Yosemite, and within a half-hour, was in downtown Chico, attending the local jazz festival. But though she loved singing Christmas carols and all things beautiful and joyful, she never wanted to know Jesus. Though she loved creation, she lived only a shadow life because she never knew the Creator.

I will not be writing for a few days, due to travel and time with family. If you remember, please pray for Leanne's three children, her ex-husband, her parents, and her siblings.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had a chance to talk to SB yet since she told me the news initially, but I have been and will continue to pray for the family. I hope that, amidst the grief, healing is taking place. You all have my love.

    ReplyDelete