Monday, July 25, 2011

Third Trimester

The third trimester is my least favorite. I never understood the women who say, "I love being pregnant," because I never feel like myself when I'm pregnant. This body that is tired, nauseous, slow, heavy, and aching is not mine! As the baby grows, my frustration grows with it. I find that I cannot do the things that I am used to doing. And the third trimester is always the worst. Simple housework leaves me sore. Chasing after a toddler is exhausting. I fall into bed at night and groan as I try to find a comfortable position that accommodates my growing belly.


Now serve me up some "fresh clear well-seasoned perspective". (Have you seen Pixar's Ratatouille? I highly recommend it.)


There are people who live in pain every second. There are people who cannot run, or even walk, or lift something as light as a spoon. There are people who cannot sleep at night, no matter how exhausted they feel. There are people who have no due date to look forward to. And my dear friend, who first lost her ability to tell time or remember recent conversations, is now unable to write, due to Alzheimer's. She and her husband have a difficult road to travel, but they do it with faith and love.


So I'll quit my whining now, because at least my third trimester is my last trimester.

No comments:

Post a Comment