Sunday, February 12, 2012

This is Just the First Course!

I may have already told you this, but one of my favorite things about communion is watching people as they wait their turn to take the Bread and the Cup. The variety of ages, sizes, colors, and personalities reminds me that people of all nations will someday sit together at the Great Banquet. Communion is like the first course, the appetizers, a taste of what Heaven will be like! How good of God to give us something tangible here on earth to point us towards eternity!

1 comment:

  1. Speaking from the other side of the Communion rail : I remember at my ordination to the diaconate assisting for the first time in the distribution of Communion. When the bishop handed me the chalice, the gravity and privilege of what I had been charged to do hit me like a wave. To this day I'm humbled and filled with joy when I administer the Sacrament, when I look into their eyes and tell them "The body of our Lord Jesus Christ, which was given for thee, preserve thy body and soul unto everlasting life..."

    Blessings to you this Lent and always, Rita--

    Matt +

    ReplyDelete