Thursday, April 26, 2012

Him Who Gives Me Strength

Sometimes I hear parents say, "I could never homeschool, I don't have the patience for it."
As far as I'm concerned, if you're a Christian, that's no excuse.

Just like there's no excuse for "I could never speak in public, I'm too shy."
Or "I could never teach Sunday School, I'm just not gifted that way."
Or, in my case, "I could never be a mentor, I'm not wise enough."

Is our God so puny that He could not grow us?
Is He so weak that He could not change us?
Is He incompetent, that He could not work through us, in spite of us?

What ever happened to the God who helped a little boy defeat a giant?
The God who helped a girl become a queen and save her people?
What ever happened to "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" (Philippians 4:13)?

If God called you to do something, He WILL give you the strength to accomplish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment