Friday, April 20, 2012

My Bit of Eden

The kids and I are attempting a garden. With help from my sweet sister-in-law, we will soon have baby zucchini, carrots, snow peas, and corn plants sprouting from various plots of dirt (one is our old sand box!).

But I am in no way a gardener. Notice that I used the word 'attempt'. If my husband and I lived on the frontier, we wouldn't make it. My method of gardening in the past was to throw seeds on the soil and pray that they'll grow (which, of course, they didn't.) This hasn't stopped me from trying again though (with a little more effort this time). There is something that I love about putting seeds in the soil and watching for something to happen. It's the same feeling I get when I hold a newborn baby, the feeling of holding a miracle, of seeing something come from nothing. Getting my hands in the dirt makes me feel closer to nature, closer to God, closer to Eden...

I'll let you know how things go! Hopefully, I will have pictures to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment