Thursday, July 12, 2012

It's My Ten-Year Anniversary!

On July 13th, 2002, I married my best friend. These past ten years have gone by so fast, that I'm surprised myself as I type the words.

Five children, three jobs, five moves (if you don't count the move into our first apartment), countless lessons learned, all in ten years.

Before we were married, I gave my best friend a card with a message that read "I hope for many more adventures with you." I got what I hoped for!

And now we are in the midst of a new adventure. In a matter of days, my husband went from "I'm definitely returning to the school in the fall" to "God wants me somewhere else." And so, he did not renew his contract, and his status at this point is 'unemployed.'

We are waiting on God's timing to direct us, and though it is difficult to wait under the burden of uncertainty, we know, from our history, that God has something bigger and better planned for us.

So here's to another ten years of adventure with my wonderful best friend! We'll see what God has in store for us!


No comments:

Post a Comment