Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Another School Year Begins

Phonics, decimals, world history, anatomy... those are actually the least of my concerns today. There are many more lessons that are not written, and cannot be taught through a workbook. Among them is teaching a three-year-old to follow directions, and a baby to fall asleep without Mom. And if those lessons can be learned, the others dealing with language arts and arithmetic will easily fall into place.

Then there is the school I attend, the ongoing school of parenting. My lessons are on patience, awareness, wisdom, and kindness. My assignments involve remembering what is most important, and giving attention to each of my children. Oh, and staying on top of my 'homework'! Sunday nights will again be lost to planning out the week, and I will have to be more diligent about getting housework done outside of school hours.

Today marks the beginning of another school year... for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment