Tuesday, September 30, 2014

On My Soap Box

Those of you who read my post 'In Good Humor' will understand the underlying tone of frustration in this post. I promise I won't rant. The photos speak for themselves.




We were blessed to receive a large bag of barely-used baby boy clothes. Most of the items were adorable (dinosaurs, trucks, and bears-- oh my!) but these two onesies made me stop. I understand that some people want to avoid overly sentimental and cute baby clothes, but I don't think messages like these are the answer. I might as well dress my son in a shirt that says, "I want to grow up and be incompetent like my dad."

And I'm not just picking on baby clothes. Girls shouldn't wear shirts that say "spoiled" on them and boys shouldn't wear ones that say "troublemaker". Shirts that put down (even if they are addressed to no one in particular) still convey a message.

Okay, I've said it. I'm off my soap box now… until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment