Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A Masterpiece

Today, my baby is six weeks old. Some parents never get to hold their baby at this age. I thank God that I do.

Despite the busyness of my day, I find myself stopping to revel in this little person. Of course, there's the cuteness factor, but it's so much more than that. It is knowing that I somehow participated in bringing forth this brand new person into the world, that without me, he wouldn't be here. But at the same time, saying that I helped in the creation of this masterpiece is like saying that I helped paint the Sistine Chapel when all I really did was clean the brushes.

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. ~Ephesians 2:10

My children are works of art. They are walking, breathing, talking masterpieces, one-of-a-kind creations of an amazing Artist. And so am I, as are you. Remember that as you go about your day today.

You are a masterpiece!

No comments:

Post a Comment