Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Things Unseen

...Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me

We were singing these words last Thursday as we prayed and worshipped with our church body. As elders and pastors talked briefly about repentance and revival for the new year, I became aware of what I needed to change in my life.

I had stopped seeking God in my daily routine. Instead, I have been relying on my own strength to 'just get by'. The result of this is that I'm quick to respond to my children with a firm tone of voice. I get exasperated when they don't do things the way I expect them to. I don't take the time to play with them. I start feeling like a cleaning robot more than a person.

So my prayer last Thursday night was that I can love my children in a new way. That even in the home, looking at the same scenery and the same faces day in and day out, when I am cleaning and cleaning and cleaning some more, I can see the unseen things of God, and remember that the unseen things of God are not only in South Africa on a medical mission, at a homeless shelter in the city, or in a sanctuary filled with beautiful music. They are right in front of my eyes, if I humble myself enough to admit my need for God and my desire for Him to change me.

I await to see what God will reveal to me...



(The lyrics are from the song Hosanna by Brooke Fraser)

No comments:

Post a Comment