Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Waking

Oh, spring is here! The diapers are waving happily from the line, and the children are outside, flitting about, as busy as the birds preparing for their first brood. I feel myself waking up with the trees and flowers; somehow, the sun always makes my soul feel lighter, no matter what the situation.


I took advantage of this glorious day of sunshine to take the children to the Livermore airport. Did I mention that I really, really, really like watching airplanes and visiting airports? How lucky I am then to live practically down the street from one! And because the children are learning about maps and our neighborhood, it was the perfect opportunity to take a homeschooling field trip.


Besides watching the airplanes on the runway, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with my children. My younger daughter spent the whole time diligently drawing the airplanes. My youngest, 19 months old, said "Bump!" whenever an airplane landed and waved to airplanes as they took off. The older children ran in the sun, up and down the stairs of the observation deck, chatting about planes and marveling at the beautiful scenery that surrounded our valley.

With the weather warming up and the sunshine being more than dependable, I am planning many more field trips for the children and me. Last summer was our California-history summer, with trips to Sutter's Fort, Sutter's Mill, and Mission San Jose. This spring, we will visit the beach, the redwoods, the marshlands, the Livermore hills... there is so much of Him to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment