Friday, June 29, 2012

The Fruits of our Labor

Or should I say... the vegetables of our labor!

Our first attempt at gardening is producing exciting and delicious-looking results! I love hearing the children's cries of "Look how tall the corn is!" and "We have a baby squash!" My children have never been excited about squash before.


And we have learned so much. The children take care of the daily chore of watering the plants (never with complaint). I'm loving my role as Mother Nurturer, making sure each and every plant is healthy with plenty of sun, water, food, and room to grow. Gardening is not as daunting as it used to be!



See the baby corn?


The zucchini squash did well growing in the old sandbox.


The snow peas are so lovely and delicate. 
I like the way their vines wrap around everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment