Wednesday, May 21, 2014

It is Enough for Me

We just finished eating our lunch on the front lawn. When we picnic, we have to do it in the front yard, because our backyard is almost all cemented over. Cars are driving by, I see the 'for sale' sign in our neighbor's house across the street, and garbage cans stand in rows, waiting for the pick-up today. The trimmings from our yard work yesterday still lie strewn upon our half-brown grass.

Some would say that they wish the yard was better landscaped. Some would wish they had more income so they could buy the house across the way. Some would wish that the neighbors were not quite so close, or that the house was not quite so orange, or that the nearby traffic from the airport and highways was not quite so loud.

I say, it is enough for me.

I am able to picnic with my children on a whim. I am typing on an iPad in front of a spacious and sturdy home. We ate leftover barbecued chicken given to us by friends. And I can feel the soft breeze caress my skin, hear the chorus of birds in the trees, see the shades of green in the trees, and taste the goodness of the food that will nourish me and the child growing inside me.

God
is
good.

No comments:

Post a Comment