Friday, August 8, 2014

Fishes and Loaves

I did our monthly budget yesterday. (A week late, I know, but at least it's done!)

What once was a short list of expenditures has now grown to include the bug exterminator, a cell phone, various insurances, and school-related items. The amount we spend on food is double what it was a few years ago, and for the first time in a LONG time, we had to pay taxes this year, so now I'm setting aside money every month for that too.

And even after all that, there was money left over this month! I checked my math. I checked it again. From the meager little we have, God has multiplied it, with some to spare. I don't know how He does it. I keep looking at the numbers, and I know they shouldn't add up that way.

Some months are like this (a little more breathing room) and other months are tight, but God has never, NEVER left us. He provides for us so abundantly that I WANT to be generous to others-- missionaries, widows and orphans, strangers on the street. And I praise God, our heavenly Father, for watching over me and my family day after day.

No comments:

Post a Comment