Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Seis-Tres Club, Day 11

I totally failed this morning. It's one thing to plan on sleeping in, but another to intentionally not wake when I was supposed to.

When I finally cracked my eyes open, I grabbed my watch. 7:15, it read, which, for many, is still early. But the whole point of these fifteen days was that I woke when my friends woke, and purposefully gave up sleep to have time with God. Fifteen days... a mere fifteen days, and I couldn't do it.

Well, I'll stop beating myself up now. Tomorrow is a new day, with new mercies, thank God. And when it comes time to reassess the future of the Seis-Tres Club, I'll have to decide if I need to wait a bit, or if it's just my flesh being weak.

Addendum: I saw Natalie this afternoon, and she said, "You can't use the word 'fail', because you didn't fail! Instead, count how many days you have had time with God in the past two weeks!" Only, she said it much more eloquently than that and with much more gentleness (in her Natalie way). 

And she's right! It was the perfectionist in me speaking earlier. (and I know there's a post about that somewhere... time to reread my own advice!)

No comments:

Post a Comment