Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Seis-Tres Club, Day 3

Today was hard. After working on the birthday party yesterday and dealing with my daughter's nasty cough at 4am, I couldn't wake up at 6:30.

But I did finally open my eyes at 6:50, only to find myself stuck in bed again with the baby. So, like yesterday, I started my day with prayer, and read from Galatians and Colossians when the baby went down for her morning nap.

And this is what I read:

Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you 
may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
~Colossians 3:13

What a great reminder as the holidays approach and families gather for sometimes-not-so-joyful times! I'm always amazed at how quickly we can fall back into old roles and bring up old grievances when we are around our families. 

I think I will read this verse everyday between now and the end of the year. Then maybe I will remember to check my tone when annoyance starts creeping into my voice. I will be gracious to those who are not. And I will be a helper and a peacemaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment