Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Seis-Tres Club, Day 2

There are two things (besides waking up early) that makes the Seis-Tres Club hard for me:

1) I share a room, and sometimes a bed, with a baby, and getting up without waking a baby is as delicate of a job as diffusing a bomb.
2) My baby is not always predictable. Sometimes she wakes up at 6am, sometimes 7am. 

So this morning, I was actually awake at 6am, because my husband was leaving to have his weekly coffee-with-a-friend and he nudged me awake. But when I tried to sneak out of the bed just to get my Bible, the baby stirred awake. Hurriedly I nursed her back to sleep, but had to forego getting my Bible. I decided praying was just as good!

First, I prayed for my friends in the club. One was actually sick, so she was postponing starting the club with us. For my other friend, I prayed for a strong marriage. Then I prayed for my own marriage, and for my husband who was facing a difficult situation. His spirit has been troubled and weary from dealing with a certain person and the choices that person was making. Lastly, I prayed for each and every one of my children, starting with my oldest. By the time I finished praying for the baby, I saw that she was in deep sleep, and I was able to quickly grab my Bible from the living room couch and read from Galatians and Colossians on the bed.

Lesson today: the key to making this new club work is to be flexible!

It's 10pm now, and I'm ready for sleep. I wish I had something deep to share with you, but I spent the day helping my in-laws throw a surprise 60th birthday party for my mother-in-law. Even so, my quiet time is deep, even if I don't feel like I've gained deep insight. God Himself is deep enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment