Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Seis-Tres Club, Day 7

The baby has been consistently waking up at 6:30. My husband says that she just wants to be part of the club.

So, last night, I put the cell phone on the nightstand, and when I woke at 6:20 this morning, I was able to text my fellow clubbers with a "Good morning, lovely friends!" Then I settled back down with the sleeping baby and started my morning with God.

After a few minutes, my husband leaned over and whispered, "Does it count if you're still in bed with your eyes closed?"
"I'm praying," I replied.
"Oh," he said.

This is becoming a family project. I know I'm suppose to go somewhere and be alone with God, but I think it's all too easy to make excuses not to have quiet time. I choose instead to find ways to make it work, even if it means having my husband check up on me. And maybe, it's better that he's checking on me, to make sure I'm not falling asleep!

Anyway, when the baby woke up (promptly at 6:30), I turned on the light and read through Galatians 4 and Colossians 3. What I noticed today was that the infamous verse "Wives, submit to your husbands..." in Colossians 3 is actually only half of a pairing. Paul addresses wives, then immediately turns to talk to the husbands. He continues to talk to children and parents, and slaves and masters. Each and every person is to love as Christ loves. There is no one above another.

No comments:

Post a Comment